Please note: I did obtain various samples while attending EDexpo2015, but they had no influence in my decisions and my views are entirely my own. I provided links to each product for you to learn more and to form your own opinion.
My professional work experience, education and personal interests did play a role in my top ten choices. A little background information: I have a BA in Art History, worked extensively in outdoor and environmental education, I am a certified K-12 Art teacher and a former Waldorf teacher. I have worked with many students, who occasionally struggle with being organized and with punctuality. I enjoy hands on, experiential learning and I have an interest in personal finance and helping improve the lives of teachers and their students. Hopefully that information will help you understand my choices.
Choosing ten from thousands, was no easy task. I walked away with so many favorites and with a desire to learn about all of them, but there is not enough time or space to include them all here. Without any further ado, I present you with my TOP 10 Products:
1. Time Timer: For those who get lost in time, even when there is a giant clock above your head, Time Timer products might just be the tools you need. With these products you can see how much time has been used and how much remains, very cool! There are many ways to use Time Timer products, learn more here.
2. Mavalus Tape: Tape? You might be wondering how tape made my top ten list, but this is no ordinary tape. Have you ever seen tape hold up a 5 pound metal iron attached to a wall? I did and it made me a believer in this ultra sticky, mavalus product. There are many different styles of tape to choose from, learn more here.
3. Safety Bags LLC: I had no idea that some schools are now requiring students to have clear backpacks, did you? Well, it’s true. The products from Safety Bags LLC are clear, appear to be very strong, well made, and come in various styles to meet your needs. If you or your students are always digging through bags trying to find something by feel, now you just have to look to find it. For students and the organizationally challenged, these bags might be a great help. Visit Safety Bags LLC Facebook page to learn more.
4. WCA Games That Teach: Shouldn’t learning be fun? Wiebe, Carlson & Associates have many wonderful educational games, but I was drawn to the ones that teach students financial skills, such as Budget, Zip Around Money, and Managing My Allowance. In my opinion, Financial literacy training should begin when children are young, before bad habits develop, and it should be fun! To learn more about WCA products, click here.
5. In the Woods Series from Carl R. Sams II Photography, Inc: As I mentioned earlier, I spent a lot of time working and teaching outdoors. I love the natural world and apparently, so do the creators of these books, movies, and curriculum guides. The books I looked at were really stunning and full of beauty and educational lessons. To learn more about these award-winning publications, click here.
6. Maranda Enterprises: Educational games to promote higher order thinking! Really neat, challenging, and fun games from what I saw. I think students that spend a lot of time playing computer games will find these to be interesting as well as rewarding. Learn more here.
7. Art In History: I was instantly drawn to this booth because of my background in Art History and the visual arts. I saw really great project kits that allow students to learn about historic objects and time periods through a multi dimensional approach. To learn more, click here.
8. Chibittronics: Combining Art and Circuitry with very cool kits and ideas on how to “make” extraordinary projects. If journals and greeting cards that light up sound interesting to you, click here.
9. Learning Wrap-ups, Inc: Great products for teaching math and other subjects. I particularly enjoyed the Multiplication Wrap Up Key. A fun and interactive tool to help reinforce multiplication facts with students. They have keys for addition, subtraction, vocabulary and more. They also have other educational products, learn more here.
10. BirdBrain Technologies LLC: I was pulled into this booth by the moving cardboard dragon and other gizmos. This company provides kits to help transform your classroom into a Maker Space, Learn more here.
I could easily have come up with a top 100 products from EDexpo2015 because there were so many I truly enjoyed learning about. If you want to find a Parent Teacher Store near you that might carry some of the products mentioned above, or to find a store online, visit edmarketdealer.com.
I hope you enjoyed reading and learning about these products. If you have any recommendations on products that work for you and your students please share below. Thank you!